- 2020 中德管理控制论坛：在危机中为企业导航 | 2020 Sino-German Controlling Forum: Navigating Business in Difficult Times
本次活动由下列各方合作举办 | This is a joint event co-organized by
- 时间 | When
时间 | When
2019年9月11日 9:30 - 17:00 (签到 8:30 开始并提供茶歇早点) | September 11, 2019 9:30 - 17:00 (Registration starts at 8:30 with coffee and snack)
- 地点 | Where
地点 | Where
苏州吴宫泛太平洋酒店,苏州市新市路 259 号 |
Suzhou Pan Pacific Hotel, 259 Xinshi Rd, Suzhou, China
- 活动用语 | Event Language
活动用语 | Event Language
英语 | English
- 内容简介 | Content Outline
内容简介 | Content Outline
No one could predict that 2020 would be the year of COVID-19. Not only the public health sector, but the entire economy has been suffering seriously. While we observe encouraging signs of recovery and stabilization in China, there are still many hot spots in other parts of the world, impacting market demand and supply chains.
In addition to this, accelerated tensions in the relations between the USA and China have increased concerns of many decision-makers and investors. Can we still experience business in China like in the last decade? Or do we have to prepare for a new normal in the upcoming years?
"Navigating Business in Difficult Times" is the leading motto of the 8th Sino-German Controlling Forum 2020, which will take place in Suzhou on 11 September 2020, a date which in itself may carry a symbolic message for crisis and recovery. As a platform of information, communication, and experience sharing among both financial & non-financial executives and controlling professionals, the forum offers opportunities for all participants to exchange viewpoints and experiences with old and new friends in this very special time.
Besides interesting keynote speeches by representatives of the German business community in China and by the International Association of Controllers in Germany, participants of this year's forum can join discussion about relevant topics and trends related to business-steering and -controlling in 6 breakout-workshops. As in the previous years, the message of this year's forum setting remains clear: Doing business in China may be getting harder, but it is also the best time for business decision-makers and controllers to build and develop capabilities for navigating business through uncertainties and crisis. An established toolbox for controlling and crisis management can help, just like new technologies, such as the digitalization of our business and controlling practices.
We would like to welcome everyone interested in future-oriented controlling and business practice in China to join the largest annual controlling event of Sino-German business community in China. Don't miss the opportunity to exchange your viewpoints and experience with old and new friends in Suzhou on September 11th, 2020! We are awaiting your attendance!
- 论坛议程 | Forum Agenda
论坛议程 | Forum Agenda
Please click the relevant link to get more information about the speaker.
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Registration, Coffee, NetworkingParticipation in “2020 Controlling Survey” (via Handy QR Code)
9:30 AM - 9:40 AM Opening Remarks by German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai
9:40 AM - 10:20 AM Keynote Speech I: Controlling for Business Efficiency in Corona-/Post-Corona Ara – Approach of Volkswagen Group in China
Increasing relevance of the VUCA market situation (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity)
Increasing requirement on transparency & challenges for controlling
Cost optimization & efficiency improvement: What and how to do
Transformation of finance: Current state and future outlook of VWG China
10:20 AM - 10:35 AM Coffee Break & Networking
10:35 AM - 12:05 PM Workshop Breakout Session 1
Workshop (A): Digitalization Initiatives for Financial Forecasting and Tax at Boehringer Ingelheim in China
- BI and industry specialties for financial planning
- Challenges and the plan how to overcome them
- The approach and the technical solution
- Strategic observations for similar challenges in other industries
- Use of RPA in tax
Workshop (B) Cash is King: Account Receivable Management and Debt Collection in Difficult Times
- Importance of credit management & collection in times of economic downturn
- Concept and tools for credit evaluation & collection in Chinese environment
- Do's and dons for daily practice as well as long outstanding cases
- How to evaluate performance of credit management & collection
- The role of collection team and the integration of business & finance
12:05 AM - 1:20 PM Lunch break
1:20 PM - 2:50 PM Workshop Breakout Session 2
Workshop (D): Digitalization in Finance: First Experience & Lesson Learnt at Porsche China
- Porsche Mission D - the longest journey begins with the first step
- Digital automation with RPA
- Selected cases of RPA at Porsche China and lesson learnt
- Automation of Controlling reporting with Business Intelligence
- BI to break down silos between departments
- Challenges and Outlook
Workshop (E): SPEED vs. Adaptability at Jungheinrich: Paradigm Shift in Dynamic Times?
- Introduction of Jungheinrich China
- The Jungheinrich SPEED program: Lean production with extremely short lead times, by coordinated planning, procurement and value creation processes, strongly shortened plan delivery times for purchased parts, best use of employees, equipment and material
- Are group-wide efficiency programs the best possible answer to today's dynamic environment? "Doing the things right vs. Doing the right things"
- Conclusions for Controlling and Leadership
Workshop (F) Gaining New Insights – Dashboarding @ Schaeffler
When talking about Digitalization, Dashboarding comes easily to everybody's mind. It is common to relate those solutions with colorful and data-rich charts for Top Management, replacing the monthly Financial reporting packages with the "Digital Boardroom". On the other hand, middle management's steering of daily or weekly KPI is today majorly done by MS Excel. Is there a way to those the Dashboarding solutions for the agile KPI Layer? We believe so. During the workshop we will share the approach taken at Schaeffler Greater China Finance Shared Service Center. How to make full use of SAP Analytics Cloud Solution, gain faster and deeper insights into day-to-day operations, set SMART targets and monitor the results of improvement activities.
2:50 PM - 3:10 PM Coffee Break
3:10 PM - 3:50 PM Keynote Speech II: Management of the Current Crisis and the Role of Controllers (Draft Paper of the ICV Think Tank)
- How CFOs and controllers evaluate the current situation of their companies. (2nd survey of ICV/WHU)
- Phases of crisis management: ensure survival, stabilization, realignment, restart. (Draft paper of the ICV think tank)
- Case studies for crisis management and the role of controllers
- Economic outlook
3:50 PM - 4:10 PM Presentation of the Result of “2020 Controlling Survey”
4:10 PM - 4:50 PM Panel Discussion
4:50 PM - 5:00 PM Closing Remarks
Dr. Sigrid Winkler | Executive Chamber Manager, German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Networking
- 活动主持人 | Event Moderators
- 资料下载区 | Download Zone
资料下载区 | Download Zone
This online space is reserved for the participants of 2020 Sino-German Controlling Forum only.
If you are Forum participant, please login using your online user name and password! If you have any problem to enter this online space, you can contact your member service team.